An ICT support technician is responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting computer systems, networks, and other technology devices in an organization. Their primary job duties may include:
- Installing, configuring and maintaining hardware and software systems.
- Providing technical support to end-users, including training and troubleshooting.
- Ensuring the security and integrity of systems and data through regular backups, virus protection, and firewalls.
- Monitoring and maintaining network performance and connectivity.
- Setting up and maintaining email and other communication systems.
- Assisting with system upgrades and migrations.
- Keeping accurate records of hardware and software inventory.
- Participating in regular training and development activities to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends.
Overall, the role of an ICT support technician is critical to ensuring that an organization’s technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.