A web developer is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining websites and web applications. The primary job duties of a web developer may include:
- Collaborating with designers to ensure that websites are visually appealing, user-friendly, and responsive.
- Testing and debugging websites to ensure that they are functioning correctly and are free of errors and bugs.
- Integrating websites with databases and other back-end systems.
- Optimizing websites for search engines and other performance metrics.
- Developing and maintaining web APIs and other web services.
- Developing and maintaining content management systems (CMS) and other web-based applications.
- Collaborating with other IT professionals to ensure that websites are secure and scalable.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest web development technologies and trends.
Overall, the role of a web developer is to ensure that websites and web applications are functional, user-friendly, and meet the needs of the organization and its users. They work closely with designers, IT professionals, and other stakeholders to ensure that websites are built to high standards and are optimized for performance, security, and accessibility.